Jessica A. Boettcher
Captain Jessica A. Boettcher
Captain Jessica Boettcher is the Assistant Professor of Aerospace Studies and Recruiting Flight Commander, Detachment 205, Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC), Southern Illinois University-Carbondale. In this capacity, she is responsible for training over 100 cadets and developing future Air Force officers. Prior to assuming her current duties, Captain Boettcher served as Flight Commander, Officer Training School, Maxwell Air Force Base (AFB), Alabama.
Capt Boettcher joined the United States Marine Corps in January 2001 and completed boot camp at Parris Island, South Carolina. Upon graduation of her personnel school, she received an assignment to Cherry Point, North Carolina. While at Cherry Point she served in a variety of positions, including promotions clerk and separations Non-Commissioned Officer in charge. In 2003, she was activated in support of OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM. During her time in Iraq she provided convoy operations to deliver supplies to the forward operating bases. In 2005, Capt Boettcher was released from Marine Corps active duty but enlisted in the Air Force Reserve to continue her service.
Capt Boettcher was commissioned a second lieutenant after completing Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, Alabama in 2010. She was assigned to the 934th Force Support Squadron in Minneapolis, Minnesota as a Force Support Officer along with serving in the capacity as an Admissions Liaison Officer for the United States Air Force Academy.
- MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
- EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
- 2009 Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology, University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire, WI
- 2010 Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, AL
- 2011 Force Support Officer School, Keesler AFB, MS
- 2013 Academic Instructor Course, Maxwell AFB, AL
- 2015 Junior Officer Leadership Development School, Davis-Monthan AFB, AR
- 2015 Master of Science, Education, University of Wisconsin, Superior, WI
- 2016 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, AL